email@example.com ♦ (11) 99907-4867 ♦ https://heitorchang.github.io/
Tempo OK Tecnologia em Meteorologia Ltd., São Paulo, SP
Senior Full-Stack Developer
June 2020 — now
- Built and administered the public-facing website with Django, including customer and API authentication management and a JWT extension.
- Architected a PostgreSQL database in Google Cloud Platform to store meteorological observation and forecast time series at client-supplied locations and at government-operated stations.
- Built Flask and FastAPI endpoints to communicate with the SQL database using Google Cloud Functions and Cloud Run services, leveraging Docker containers and Bitbucket's automated Continuous Deployment pipeline.
- Created a geospatial dashboard containing satellite imagery overlays computed from NASA's scientific data and weather stations' historical data, obtained by accessing their public APIs.
- Created a hydroelectric energy forecasting dashboard containing Google Maps and Apache ECharts widgets in Vue.js and the Vuetify Material Design front-end framework.
- Developed a Markdown-based application for documentation and created a Stack Overflow for Teams account to streamline the organization of internal processes and common information.
Pontual Export & Import Ltd., São Paulo, SP
Jan. 2014 — June 2020
- Used MA (Moving Average) indicators in a Django and Python project to predict the demand of 600 products and calculated appropriate amounts for restocking.
- Created a REST API with the Slim micro framework in PHP to be consumed by a React app that rendered the company's website.
- Visualized historical sales with NumPy and Pandas, reporting totals, averages, and outliers for each product.
- Created a Single-Page App with AngularJS and Firebase to organize product reservations by clients and their assigned salesperson in real time.
Nov. 2011 — Jan. 2014
- Fulfilled client orders and reservations and formalized them upon delivery.
- Prepared sales forecasts in Excel for the best-selling products and summarized business-critical statistics.
Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc., New York, NY
Summer Associate, Global Research
June 2008 — Aug. 2008
- Modeled the prepayment speeds of mortgage revenue bonds and calculated their prices and risk profiles.
- Backtested the performance of a cash-collaterized portfolio of futures as a potential new product.
- Compared the returns and volatility of crude oil futures relative to large-cap refinery equities.
New York University, New York, NY
M.S. in Mathematics in Finance, GPA 3.4/4.0
Sept. 2007 — Jan. 2009
Stanford University, Stanford, CA
M.S. in Materials Science and Engineering, GPA 3.6/4.0
Sept. 2005 — June 2007
B.S. in Mathematical and Computational Sciences, GPA 3.7/4.0
Sept. 2001 — June 2005
Fluent in English and Portuguese. Basic knowledge of Mandarin, Italian, French, Spanish, and Modern Greek.
Intermediate knowledge of CSS 3 and PostgreSQL 12.
Basic knowledge of Emacs Lisp.